Executive Support Consultants will be holding two half day workshop focusing on blogging and how it can help your business, on 19 April and 17 October 2018.
A good blog can double your website traffic.
A great blog can do even better than that.
The course will teach you:
- What is a blog.
- Why you need a blog - grow audience, clarify your position without a gatekeeper editing you, showcase your news, educate audiences about your service or product (a salesperson while you sleep), prove you are active, strengthen your voice, give news hungry people something to reuse on their website, spreading the word for you....
Blogging platforms to use - the pros and cons of each platform.
- What To Write About - topic clusters, keyword research, knowing your audience, discovering your audience.
- SEO Tips - meta description, title length, post length, the use of headings and links, focus keywords, frequency of posts, what Google search for, photos/image size etc. etc.
- Blog templates, so you will never get stuck again - lists, structure, galleries, how to's, infographics, videos.
- First Drafts - act like a professional blogger.
- How to spread the word - using social media, linking with others.
By the end of the course you will have:
- A blog post written.
- Templates for your next blogs.
- Topic clusters and ideas for posts.
- A plan and direction for using your blog to improve your business - clear goals for it, so you know why you are doing it and how you want it to improve your business.
- A clear understanding of what a blog is, and does, for you.
- An introduction to SEO and organic growth.
- Clarification on your branding.
- A bigger network - the people on the course are your peers, and will help you grow too.
The course is taught by Darren Lerigo, a professional blogger, award winning playwright and creative writing teacher.
He has been blogging for almost as long as web publishing tools have been available and with his wide, professional experience is ideally placed to help you discover what will work for you.